After 15 years of living in Iberia, we can look back with pride at a very long and satisfying list of adventures, experiences, and travels. We’ve soared all over Europe to taste homemade foods in the comfort of people’s homes, old wines in even older cellars, swanky bars in the limelight of the cities, and everything in between. It’s been amazing, but the time had come to settle down.
The first step was to find “our city,” a place where we could call home and be comfortable. Porto not only fit, but was the birthplace of our son Mica, a true Tripeiro if there ever was one.
The next step was to find a space to share our ideas. And today, we’re incredibly proud to announce the opening of theLab.
theLAB is a place to discover flavor and explore new ideas. It’s been a dream of ours to have a home where we can host tastings, cater dinners, invite cool people to talk, build a killer story night, and really let our minds wander where they may. theLAB will encompass all this plus a small wine shop, which if you know us well, will have a fair share of beers and other fermented and distilled beverages.
Mind you, we’re starting off slow. We’re not in a rush to get to the finish line, but rather, wander as we discover. Consequently, theLab will host Catavino Tours office during the day, and in the afternoons, will soon provide a wide range of workshops, tastings, and events. Make sure to keep a sharp eye on our event’s calendar for more information!
And do come visit! We’re located at Rua do Bonjardim 1206, midway between Marques and Faria Guimarães metro stops. We’d love to meet you and show you around.
Should you want to join theLab, do know that we’re on the lookout for:
- Artists to show their work and collaborate on classes, art talks, and workshops
- Wineries who feature organic, bio-dynamic, and natural wines (also known as, LI (Low intervention/Artesenal wines)
- Breweries who think outside the box
- 3rd wave coffee roasters
- Tea geeks
- Spirited Distillers – Are you distilling or are you an expert in distillates, we want to have you come share your passion
- Vermouth and Amaro lovers…we’re not bitter at heart, only on our palates
- People who know flavor is more than your tongue and nose, but rather a full body experience
Come check us out, we can’t wait to show you around!