Portugal not only lays claim to founding one of the very first demarcated wine regions in the world, the Douro, but also having one of the most diverse collections of native grapes in the world. From light, effervescent white Vinho Verde wines in the north, to intense flavor driven still and fortified wines in the Douro, and from sweet and unctuous dessert wines in Setubal to spicy, rich reds in the Alentejo, there really is no one “flavor” that encompasses Portugal. Consider this your vinous playground! In this tasting, you’ll explore revolutionary Vinho Verde wines, the lesser known still wines of the Douro, the birthplace of Portugal’s heralded Touriga Nacional grape, Barraida and its infamous Baga, and finally, taste the rich and complex wines of the Alentejo. We trust you’ll leave this class with not only a new appreciation for Portuguese wines, but also a phenomenal base to explore new flavors on your own.
- Comprehensive understanding of Portugal’s exciting wine culture
- Indepth look at the iconic regions that have placed Portugal center stage
- Taste 6 top Portuguese wines
- Local petiscos to savor during the tasting
- Receive a discount on any wines purchased in our retail shop